Lytton stands alone. Named after the Northernmost peak in the Cascadian range, Lytton is all about impact and character. It comes loaded with tons of header, background, and typography options to help you build the perfect blog.
- Lytton is a extensively customizable single-channel theme for virtually any use.
- Create and customize a bold landing page with Lytton's full-screen background and header options. Choose from dozens of options to create a totally unique experience
- Lytton supports all content types and additional pages.
- Keep your followers connected with links to more than 20 social media sites.
Lytton is fully responsive and scales to fit any size device and browser.
Fullscreen Header and Background Options
Lytton includes a huge variety of header and background options that are designed to combine and complement each other brilliantly.
Customizable Content Width
Set your blog's width to any one of three custom widths to best fit your content.
We've made it incredibly easy to create nearly any kind of background combination with Lytton.
- Upload a Background image.
- Use the Background color picker to choose your blog's background color.
- Enable Fixed Background Image to attach the image to the screen, instead of having it scroll with your content.
- Background Position dropdown:
- Fullscreen will stretch your image across the entire width and height of your blog.
- Horizontally Scaled, Blended will scale your image horizontally across the screen while keeping its aspect ratio intact, and will add a subtle gradient at the bottom to blend your image with your chosen background color.
- Original Size simply centers your image while keeping its original size.
- Tiled will repeat your uploaded image across the entire window. Best used with pattern images.
- Header Banner will scale your image only within the header area of your blog.
- Header Tiled will repeat your uploaded image across the entire header.
Set the Overlay Opacity from 0% to 80% to use the background color as a transparent overlay and create the perfect blend of color to image. If using one of the Header background position options, the Header color will abide by this setting as well.
Lytton comes with a plethora of options to create a unique and personalized header for your blog.
- Header content: use the Display Logo, Display Avatar toggles, the Title and Tagline input fields, and the Logo image uploader to define your blog's header content.
- Header branding: we've given you font variations of Roboto, Raleway, Montserrat, and Georgia to choose from for your Title Style and Tagline Style options.
- Header Height: choose from 4 options to set the defined height of your header. Note that all header heights collapse to automatic height on mobile devices.
- Small - 320px.
- Regular - 480px.
- Large - 620px.
- Fullscreen will expand the header to the height of your browser window on the home page, and introduce a call-to-action arrow indicating your blog content below. Permalink and Tag/Search pages will display the Regular height header.
Header elements: depending on your header's background color or image, you may choose from Light or Dark elements. Social Icons: although your social media icons are displayed in the footer by default, you can enable Header Social Icons to display them top center in your header. Custom navigation items: you may choose to display the Search field, Random post link, Archive link, and RSS feed link in your navigation by toggling their respective options. Additionally, any custom pages created will link from the navigation.
Setup: Customizable Content Width
Lytton allows you to choose from 3 container widths:
- Wide - 1060px. This option will also constrain all posts except for Photo, Photoset, and Video posts to a 720px maximum width inside the container.
- Regular - 860px.
- Narrow - 640px.
Setup: Photoset Display Options
By default Photosets are displayed exactly how they are arranged in the Tumblr dashboard. If you wish to display them in hi-resolution you can enable Display Stacked Photosets to instead stack the photos and expand them as large as possible while remaining within their natural dimensions.
Lytton loads its content in pages by default. However, you can toggle Click To Load Posts to enable dynamic-loading of more posts, without having to reload the page.
Custom Footer Text
Use the Footer Text input to display a custom note or copyright in the footer.
Social Media Links
Display icons linking to over 20 other social media by simply inputting your username or URL. You may choose to display these links in the footer or header of your blog.
Lytton supports Facebook and Disqus commenting systems.
- To setup Facebook commenting, simply input your Facebook Username and API ID and check the "Facebook Comments" box within the customization options.
- To enable Disqus commenting, all you have to do it supply your Disqus Shortname. If you don't already have one, you can sign up for a free account over at http://disqus.com. They'll give you a Disqus Shortname, and all you need to do is pop it into the appropriate field in your blog's customization sidebar.
Lytton comes with built-in support for Google Analytics tracking. Just create a new property for your Tumblr address and paste the tracking ID in to the GA Property ID field.
Lytton supports additional pages. Simply create a new custom page in the customization panel, and a link will be displayed in your header's navigation links.
We've been making Tumblr themes since 2009. Truth to be told, we wouldn't still be afloat had we not acknowledged, early on, that each individual customer is important. Exceptional, human customer support matters to us a great deal.
Each one of our themes comes fully backed by our dedicated support team (all of us). We're good people, with real faces, and we like what we do. We've also created a help centre so you can get help at any hour. Send us an email or tweet at us during office hours (we're in PST!).
We're always happy to answer questions. Not sure what theme is best? Looking for a particular feature? Get in touch.